Are you stretched about your desktop Window manager high GPU usage on your computer? No need to worry more about it! This blog post will provide several effective solutions to this issue.
Desktop Window Manager or dwm.exe is liable to authorize visual effects on your desktop. This dwm.exe file controls glass Window frames, high-resolution support, 3D Window transitions animations, and others. Desktop Window Manager helps to build good-looking effects on your devices. If you read this article, you will know how to solve high GPU usage desktop Window Manager issues.
Why does Desktop Windows Manager Need more GPU?
There are multiple reasons that accelerate desktop Window manager high GPU usage. We mentioned some causes to give you a clear vision of this problem. Check out below what the troubles are:
- If your PC has a hardware complication, in this case, dwm.exe can use lots of memory.
- A huge possibility is that your GPU is not updated or set up with a fault system.
- Update Windows is not just adding new features to your device; it also fixes the bugs which cause huge trouble to your PCs, like the one we discussed in this post.
- When your PC has a corrupt system file, this could lead to your device not working properly.
- If you have misconfigured graphics settings, it may cause the mentioned problem.
How to Resolve Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage Issues?
High GPU usage can be seen if a temporary default exists on your PC. It is not advisable to disable the dwm.exe service, but you can fix the problems by resetting some of the methods from our demonstrated ways. Look in the below to learn about some 100% working methods to resolve the issue:
Change Display Settings
When your computer meets the GPU problem, try to set up the Change Display Settings first, as dwm.exe is related to display effects. Take a glance at the settings guide:
- Open the Settings option.
- Click on the System, then go to the Display tab.
- Under the Display tab, click Advanced Scaling Settings subordinate to Scale and Layout option.
- Find the Let Windows try to fix apps so they’re not blurry buttons and Turn on.
Run System Maintenance
Running System maintenance may repair several issues quickly. It would help if you tried this to fix the Desktop Window Manager’s fault. Here is the way that you could fix your issue:
- Type Control Panel on the Windows search bar.
- Open all Control Panel Items; Select View By and change the category into Large Icons.
- Choose Troubleshooting and enter it; then tap on System and Security then tick on the System Maintenance.
- Click Next and select Try Troubleshooting as an Administrator.
- After completing the Troubleshooting, close the window.
If you haven’t updated your PC for a long time, there is a chance to resolve your issue by updating your device. Here is the tutorial that shows you the procedures for updating Windows:
- Tap on the Start Menu, and click on the Settings.
- Move on to the Update and Securities options.
- Select the Windows Updates if it is available.
Turn Off Visual Effects
Turn Off the visual effects on your computer; you have to follow some methods as we have shown here. Take a look:
- Tap Win+R, and it will start the Run dialog box.
- Write System.cpl in the box and press OK, as in the image below.
- A window will appear; move to the Advanced tab, and click Settings of the Performance option.
- Now, you can see Adjust for the best performance and tick on this asterisk field.
Click on the Apply button and press OK.
Run DISM, SFC and CHKDSK
Run DISM, SFC, and CHKDSK on the PC to erase the system corruption of your device; this could be the right solution to your problems. How to do this, let’s go to the below direction:
- Press the button Win+R; you could notice a Run box.
- Type cmd on the box; then, you should press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to open the Command Prompt and tick Yes when it urges permission to you.
- In the Administrator: Command Prompt, write the following commands and finish the process one by one.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Uninstall Third-Party Antivirus Program
Occasionally, Various third-party antivirus software is accountable for consuming more GPU on Desktop Windows Desktop Manager. To fix consuming more GPU issues, you need to disable or uninstall the third-party antivirus software from your computer. The uninstall process is straightforward; now go in the direction we referred to:
- Open the Control Panel on your PC.
- Find the Programs and Features.
- Choose the Third-Party Antivirus and Uninstall them.
Isn’t it easy to do? This same process will be applicable to other programs as well. After uninstalling the antivirus from your computer, check if the issue has been resolved. If it’s not, try to do it in another way.
Reset your Computer
If you tried all the above methods but couldn’t succeed, resetting your PC could solve your problem. Don’t worry about losing your data, but this reset erases all the programs installed on your computer. It will bring back all the settings into default mode. Follow our instructions to reset the computer:
- Go to the Settings Option.
- Click on the Update and Security.
- Tap on the Recovery option and then choose to Get Started under Reset this PC.
- Click on Keep My Files; this time, select Cloud Download.
- Tap on the Change Settings and Confirm it.
- Follow our next process as on the display and finish the reset.
This article assists you in knowing about the desktop Window manager high GPU usage on your computer. The above methods suggested several solutions to how you can overcome it and resolve your problem. If you obey our illustrated instructions, it can reduce CPU and RAM usage and speed up your devices’ performance. If you face any difficulty throughout the process, let us know your experiences by comments in the comments section.